Please note we cannot accept students before the published arrival date of 3 July 2018. We provide a complimentary coach transfer under the following circumstances only.
English and Science/Maths/Economics programme:
Arriving/Departing London Heathrow Airport (approximately 3 hours coach journey):
- For flights arriving between 0800-1600 on the first day of the course (3 or 28 July 2018).
- For flights departing between 0800-1600 on the last day of the course (25 July or 19 August 2018).
- For Students arriving at the airport meeting point (Terminal 3 Arrivals) between 0800-1600 on the first day of the course (3 or 28 July 2018).
- For Students being collected from the meeting point (Terminal 3 departures) between 0800-1600 and on the last day of the course (25 July or 19 August 2017)
- A private transfer from these airport will cost about £260 GBP.
Arriving/Departing Manchester Airport (less than 2 hours coach journey) and Birmingham Airport (approximately 90 minute coach journey)
- For flights arriving between 1000-1400 on the first day of the course (3 or 28 July 2018).
- For flights departing between 1000-1400 on the last day of the course (25 July or 19 August 2018).
- There will be no member of staff at these airports until 1000, parents/guardians must be aware that students arriving before 1000, will not be met until 1000 onwards.
- A private transfer from these airports will cost about £160 GBP.
University Preparation Courses: Transfer details to follow soon
General Transfer Notes
Parents/guardians will be responsible for arranging transfers for students arriving/departing outside the timings/dates above. We can provide assistance/guidance with this.
Students are met at their arrival terminal after passing through baggage claim and immigration. A member of Concord staff will be in the arrivals hall with a Concord sign and will have an identification cards and a letter of authority from Concord College allowing them to collect the students. Students will then be escorted to the transfer coach.
The same system will apply for departures where students will be escorted to the airport, helped to check in and shown to the departure area.
Private Taxi Transfers – Approximate Costs
Distance from Airports and approximate taxi prices are shown below and may be subject to VAT at the standard rate. The taxi firm may also charge an Unaccompanied Minor fee (approximately £55) for any students under the age of 16 on the date of travel::
|Airport||Distance from Concord||Travelling time via car/taxi||Taxi Fare*|
|Birmingham||100 km||1 hour 25 minutes||£160 GBP|
|Liverpool||120 km||1 hour 40 minutes||£160 GBP|
|London Gatwick||320 km||3 hours 15 minutes||£290 GBP|
|London Heathrow||260 km||2 hours 40 minutes||£260 GBP|
|London Stansted||275 km||3 hours||£290 GBP|
|Manchester||137 km||1 hour 40 minutes||£160 GBP|
* based on 2017 taxi fares.
Parents and guardians are requested to fill in the appropriate travel form (available soon) giving full details of flights and indicating if unaccompanied minor assistance has been booked. Parents/guardians are welcome to bring students direct to Concord but must provide an approximate arrival time (preferably between 1000-1500).
We cannot accept students before the published arrival date of 3 July 2018.
Please do not book “standby” tickets for your son or daughter.