THESE ARE THE DETAILS FOR THE 2019 PROGRAMME – THIS INFORMATION WILL BE UPDATED FOR THE 2020 PROGRAMME SOON BUT THE DETAILS BELOW GIVE AN INDICATION OF THE PROGRAMME STRUCTURE
These university preparation programmes are for students aged 16 – 18 with a minimum English level of B1*. They are aimed at motivated students who strive to be the best when it comes to university applications and interviews. It aims to instill knowledge, confidence and a focus on the future and encourages students to gain confidence in the sometimes life changing decisions they have to make at this time.
Even for the brightest students, getting into the top universities can be extremely hard. As well as increasingly tough entry requirements there is now more competition than ever for very limited places and the application process can be a daunting task.
Using Concord’s knowledge of what it takes to give students that extra edge, and our extensive academic network, we have developed a series of outstanding two week residential university preparation programmes.
Concord’s record of offers from top universities in the last 2 years alone is impressive and should give confidence to students enrolling on these courses:
- 41 – Oxford and Cambridge
- 41 – Imperial College London
- 32 – London School of Economics
- 58 – University College London
Dates and Course
- 30 June – 12 July 2019
- Law – An exciting programme for students interested in pursuing law at university. Speakers include law lecturers from the UK’s top universities, and leading barristers and solicitors who will challenge students with university level lectures and master classes.
- Economics with Politics and Philosophy – An inspirational summer programme, featuring world-class lecturers in economics, politics and philosophy; focusing on economics.
- 14 July-26 July 2019
- Medicine – Speakers include lecturers and researchers from the UK’s top universities, as well as practising health professionals; workshops and lab sessions will challenge and inspire you during this unique preparatory course.
- 28 July – 9 August 2019
- Natural Sciences – Natural Sciences is the framework through which biological and physical sciences are taught at many prestigious UK universities including Cambridge. An inspirational summer programme, featuring world-class-lecturers in the diverse specialisms of biology, physics, chemistry, astronomy and earth science.
- Engineering – An inspirational summer programme, featuring world-class lecturers in the many diverse specialisms of engineering.
The fee for each of these courses is 3650 GBP and this includes:
- tuition and academic activities
- individualised programme of study
- study materials
- all meals
- airport transfer (terms and conditions apply)
- use of on campus facilities
- weekly laundry
- full day excursion to a university City
*Guide to Common European Framework Reference Levels (CEFR) English levels