In response to the UK government’s latest announcement regarding school closures, Concord – like all schools in the UK – is required to ‘close’. In reality, what this means for Concord is as follows:
- Teaching will go online until the end of the UK government’s stated closure period.
- Boarding students who are currently resident at Concord can remain at school, will be cared for as normal and can attend online lessons and undertake a range of activities to promote their physical and mental well-being. Any boarding student who is in the UK and not yet at Concord should join us within the next 24-48 hours or stay at home until the end of the lockdown period, joining lessons online. Boarders outside the UK who were planning to return in the next few days should delay their flights until the end of the lockdown (which is currently suggested to be perhaps the 16th February). If you are planning flights, I would recommend a flexible ticket on or after the 22nd February.
- Day students should not attend school in person until the lockdown period ends. They should attend online learning during that time. The exception to this is children of key workers: please contact Mr Kerslake if you fall into this category and would like your child to attend the school.
- The January internal examinations will go ahead as planned. Details of these will be forwarded to you in due course. I feel it is important for students to have a clear focus for the month ahead
- For boarders, please note that the school will remain open to all year groups during the Easter Holiday at the start of April.
Mr Neil G Hawkins, Principal