We extend a warm welcome to all visitors and recognise that our campus is home for both boarding students as well as resident staff and their families. However, security measures are vital to protect everyone and safeguarding current students from harm must be the priority when controlling access to the campus for visitors.
Our security team will check all visitors arriving at the main gate to the College and all visitors are expected to adhere to our Procedure for Visitors to ensure that the campus is a safe and secure environment for all students to live and study.
Visitors & Covid-19
Our Principles in dealing with concerns about Covid-19
Concord College will seek to:
- Follow closely the latest advice of the UK government (& its organisations such as the NHS & Public Health England) about Covid-19 measures.
- Be transparent in communicating with all members of its community about any suspected (or confirmed) cases of Covid-19 if these should occur.
- Prioritise the physical and emotional welfare of all members of its community in both attempting to prevent an outbreak of Covid-19 or in dealing with periods of quarantine/isolation in the event of a suspected/ confirmed case.
- Avoid closing in the event of Covid-19 reaching us here – unless it is instructed to do so by a UK government body – since we are a boarding school. However, a partial closure is thought to be a more likely possibility and we are now putting in place plans for containing any potential outbreak and for remote learning to take place during such a time.
- Recognise the importance of managing the real anxieties and fears of parents and all members of our community in relation to Covid-19.
Visitors to our campus
The coronavirus – COVID-19 – continues to be a significant concern for us all and Concord is currently closed to students although education continues online.
During this time of concern about limiting the spread of the Covid-19 virus here in the UK we are only allowing visitors to enter our campus for a very limited number of reasons (see guidance below). We would ask that those planning to travel to our campus consider if their visit is essential. If any planned visit could be delayed to a later time, then it should be.
Anyone visiting our campus at this time will be asked to have their temperature taken, should maintain good hand and respiratory hygiene and will need to comply with staff requirements in terms of social distancing.
Here is our latest guidance.
Please confirm your compliance with the above on arrival.