We extend a warm welcome to all visitors and recognise that our campus is home for both boarding students as well as resident staff and their families. However, security measures are vital to protect everyone and safeguarding current students from harm must be the priority when controlling access to the campus for visitors.
Our security team will check all visitors arriving at the main gate to the College and all visitors are expected to adhere to our Procedure for Visitors to ensure that the campus is a safe and secure environment for all students to live and study.
Visitors & Covid-19
Our Principles in dealing with concerns about Covid-19
Concord College will seek to:
- Follow closely the latest advice of the UK government (& its organisations such as the NHS & Public Health England) about Covid-19 measures.
- Be transparent in communicating with all members of its community about any suspected (or confirmed) cases of Covid-19 if these should occur.
- Prioritise the physical and emotional welfare of all members of its community in both attempting to prevent an outbreak of Covid-19 or in dealing with periods of quarantine/isolation in the event of a suspected/ confirmed case.
- Avoid closing in the event of Covid-19 reaching us here – unless it is instructed to do so by a UK government body – since we are a boarding school. However, a partial closure is thought to be a more likely possibility and we are now putting in place plans for containing any potential outbreak and for remote learning to take place during such a time.
- Recognise the importance of managing the real anxieties and fears of parents and all members of our community in relation to Covid-19.
Visitors to our campus
The coronavirus – COVID-19 – continues to be a significant concern for us all. As the health, safety and wellbeing of our students, staff and visitors are of the utmost importance, we have restrictions in place for access to and movement around our campus.
We are not allowing visitors to enter our campus if they have travelled from a category 1 or 2 country within the last 14 days, or from any of the following countries which are reporting daily increases in confirmed cases: Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. Due to the changing situation on a daily basis, this list is not exhaustive and restrictions will include any other country where there is an outbreak.
Also, we are not allowing visitors to enter our campus if they have travelled from any of the above countries more than 14 days ago and they are showing signs of any coronavirus symptoms.
Please confirm your compliance with the above on arrival.
|Category 1 Wuhan city and Hubei Province, China, Iran, Daegu or Cheongdo, Republic of Korea Any area within Italy under containment measures|
|Category 2 Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam|
|Other destinations not listed in Categories 1 & 2 above reporting daily increases in confirmed cases:Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. This list is not exhaustive and restrictions will include any other country where there is an outbreak.|