School FAQ’s

Are all your English teachers native-level speakers?

Yes and they hold an EFL qualification and/or have qualified teacher status.

What English teaching methods do you use?

We follow a communicative methodology with special emphasis on improving the student’s oral ability. Grammar and the four skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening are all covered in

What examinations do you offer?

There are no formal examinations at the end of the course. We can arrange private tuition towards the Trinity GESE on request.

Will the student get a Certificate at the end of the course?

Each student has a report sent home which gives information on English or Science progress and involvement in the recreational programme.  Students are also awarded with a certificate at the “Graduation Ceremony” held at the end of the course.

Can we assist in getting visas for students?

Yes, we are a registered sponsor with UK Visas and Immigration, formerly the UK Border Agency. Our letter of acceptance will support an application for a visa. We can write further letters of support if required.

Do the College arrange transfers?

Yes, in line with our Terms and Conditions – please see our Airport Transfers page for full details,

Is the College accredited by any organisation?

The College’s English Summer Course is inspected and accredited by the British Council.  Concord College is a member of English UK.  Concord has also been accredited by Quality Education and Quality English.

Do you arrange any other activities apart from studying?

Yes – there will be a weekly calendar of events available for all students.  Students will need to register for some of these activities as places will be limited for some activities.  There may also be a refundable deposit (on attendance) or small charge for some of these activities.

What type of accommodation do you offer?

Students are accommodated in single gender boarding residences on campus.  Our bedrooms are single with older students having en suite bathroom facilities and younger students sharing bathroom facilities with a maximum of 4 other students.

Do you cater for special dietary requirements?

Yes, we are able to cater for special diets provided we have been made aware of the requirement.  All our meals are marked with any known allergies so students can make an informed choice when selecting their food.

Do I need to supply my own bedding or towels?

We supply all bed linen and this is changed on a weekly basis.  You will need to provide your own towels which are also cleaned on a weekly basis.

What should I pack?

Holiday/summer wear, including a light rain jacket and a jumper for cooler days/evening.  Comfortable footwear for walking and plenty of sportswear including swimming costume and trainers.  You will also need towels and shampoo/soap/toothbrush/toothpaste.  There is a laundry service once a week and clothes are cleaned and returned on the same day so you only need to have enough clothes for just over one week.

Does the College have a medical insurance scheme?

No. We strongly recommend medical (holiday) insurance is arranged in the country of residence to cover non-emergency treatment or repatriation, eg an air ambulance.

Does the College arrange insurance of personal belongings?

No – the College does not insure against damage or loss of student’s personal belongings. Parents should make their own arrangements regarding travel insurance.  The College cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss of personal belonging.

What if I have to cancel my application?

Cancellation of a booking must be notified in writing/via email. The cancellation will take effect from the day the written confirmation is received. Please see our Cancellation Policy on the scale of charges.

Can I arrive before the course start date?

No, we cannot accept students before the course start date of 2 July.  For the second course beginning on 30 July, we can accommodate students from the 29 July but there will be a charge of £40 payable.

I am doing 2 courses, 2-27 July and 30 July-20 August, can I stay on campus between courses?

Yes, and there will be a programme of activities and excursions arranged for this time between courses.  There is charge for these extra days of £120 to cover accommodation, meals and activities/excursions.

Can I book for a 2 week course only?

No – not for our English or Science courses.  To benefit fully from the academic and social aspects of the course, students should attend for the full programme.  If a student is only able to attend for 2 weeks, there is no reduction in the fee and the student should arrive on the start date of 2 or 30 July.