We have many excursions during the summer courses. Every week there are two trips for all students to enjoy along with additional optional trips that students can sign up for. These trips can be to local towns, cities or places of interest.
On Wednesday afternoons there is a half day excursion to the local towns of Shrewsbury or Telford. At the weekend the students attend a full day excursion to places such as Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, Chester or Liverpool. The locations of our excursions may change throughout the course in response to information shared by our national security forces.
There are various additional optional trips arranged such as a visit to the university cities of Cambridge or Oxford or William Shakespeare’s birthplace in Stratford-Upon-Avon. All students enjoy a full day at a Theme Park such as Alton Towers or Drayton Manor. We also arrange optional theatre trips, museum visits and heritage trips for example to Severn Valley Railway.
- All students aged 10 – 12 are fully supervised on all excursions
- All students aged 13 are fully supervised in Large Towns and cities and, with parental consent, can be unsupervised in enclosed parks and small towns
- All students aged 14 – 17, with parental consent, can be be unsupervised in enclosed parks, small towns, large towns and cities
Parents are required to complete and return the Supervision Requirement form.
The Course Director will make the final decision regarding supervision.
- All students will be supervised on the coach journey to the venue
- All students will have contact details of the trip leader and accompanying staff
- All students will have a map of the place being visited
- All students will be shown where the meeting point is where a member of staff will be located throughout the duration of the trip
- All students will have a card with contact details to show a retail/shop assistant, police etc if they need help
- Unsupervised students will be required to check in at the meeting point at designated times throughout the trip and must remain in a minimum student group size of 4
These optional excursions will incur an extra cost:
|Harry Potter Warner Brothers Studio Tour||55 GBP|
|Matilda the Musical (August only)||30 GBP|
|Learn to Ski in a Day||60 GBP|