At Concord College we bring students together from all around the world. We aim to create a caring and supportive environment for the development of all our students.
In this environment, achievement is celebrated and harassment of any kind is not tolerated. We seek to encourage independence, maturity and responsibility in every student in our care. Students are expected to behave in a way that promotes understanding and harmony. Above all, we are a community committed to high standards, hard work and mutual respect.
Aims of the boarding community:
- To create a community that ensures the safety and welfare of its students in an environment where they can be both healthy and happy.
- To provide an environment in which students can develop their intellectual talents through well-structured study time, access to staff and other students in an atmosphere which values effort and achievement.
- To provide a range of activities related to age and maturity that will assist in the personal, social and cultural development of each student.
- To provide accommodation that is comfortable and suitable to the needs of boarders according to their age and which provides appropriate levels of privacy.
- To provide an atmosphere that allows pupils to develop a tolerance of others and to live free of harassment and bullying.
- To develop each boarder’s responsibility for self, for others and for their environment.
- To develop students’ qualities of leadership and their ability to work as a team.
- To develop relationships with parents in support of students’ development within College.
- To provide opportunity for students to talk to staff about their day to day concerns.
- To promote respect for others and their cultures as well as for the routines and ethos of the College.